Walking Shadow Theatre Company
(in association with Mixed Blood Theatre)
November 26-December 21, 2014
Written by Samuel D. Hunter
Directed by Amy Rummenie
On the outskirts of Mormon Country, Idaho, a six hundred pound recluse hides away in his apartment, eating himself to death. Hoping to find an honest human connection, he reaches out to his long-estranged daughter, only to discover a viciously sharp-tongued teen. Big-hearted and fiercely funny, The Whale tells the story of a man's last chance at redemption, and of finding beauty in the most unexpected places. To learn more or order tickets, click here.
St. Paul Conservatory of Performing Arts
For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow is Enuf
January 23, 2015 at 5:00pm
January 24, 2015 at 5:00pm
Resident producing company at Mixed Blood Theatre
- F.O.B. by David Henry Hwang, directed by Randy Reyes—January 29-February 16, 2015
- Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare, directed by Randy Reyes—May 28-June 21, 2015
New Arab American Theatre Works:
New Plays by Local Arab American Theatre Makers
A complement to Mixed Blood's 55454 Series
June 22-July 12, 2015
- Safari by Kathryn Haddad. Two Arab immigrants on a road trip across the Midwest explore the meaning of friendship, as they struggle with changing cultural norms, on a search for the American dream.
- A Clown in Exile by Mohammed Yahdri with Noah Bremer. Yahdri's naive tragic clown goes on a journey to overcome his sense of cultural inferiority. After searching the world for a place to call home, he discovers that his dreams sit on the wings of a paper plane.
- In Algeria They Know My Name by Taous Claire Khazem (working title). This comedic one-woman show investigates cross-cultural marriage and living beyond your comfort zone (with the in-laws!)