News + Reviews
MIXED BLOOD REPLACES SPRING SHOW: Download Press Release Here
MN Daily: Performance and Prevention, the debut of the Cedar Riverside Health Fair
Star Tribune: Top Theater of 2015
9. “Pussy Valley” (Mixed Blood Theatre): Playwright Katori Hall’s new drama, about the lives of strippers, was notable not only for its taboo subject matter and the playwright’s blunt approach, but also for the virtuosity and courage of its performers. Directed by Nataki Garrett, Jasmine Hughes, Joetta Wright and Megan Rippey went there and never flagged.
Lavender Magazine Arts Spotlight: 2015 Theater Year in Review
Best Productions: 10. "Hir"
Best Comedic Actor: Dustin Bronson in "Hir"
Best Cross-Gender Performance: Nicco Annan in "Pussy Valley"
2015 Raffle- Win a Trip to Maui! Update: We Have A Winner!
The winning ticket was sold by our own General Manager & Director of Touring Charlie Moore and the trip was won by JANET VIRNIG of Minneapolis, a longtime friend of the theatre and a VERY faithful buyer of Mixed Blood raffle tickets. We're delighted to congratulate Janet on her well-deserved win and on her upcoming vacation to Maui!We hope your disappointment will be eased by the knowledge that those of you who purchased raffle tickets were a vital part in raising just about $18,000 for Mixed Blood, money that is used to support all facets of the programming we do. The theater would be diminished without it and it would not be possible without your participation.Thank you again for buying into the raffle! We'll do it again next year!
Revolutionizing access is Mixed Blood's imperative, and Radical Hospitality — admission to all of our mainstage shows in the Alan Page Auditorium at no cost — is our newest method. If value is on a continuum of quality and cost, then Mixed Blood offers optimal value.
Our vision to model and unite the global village on our stage and in our seats is being realized. We believe that revolutionizing access via Radical Hospitality benefits live events of all types as well as individuals from all walks of life, converting non-users to users of theatre, the arts, and more.
Beyond the mainstage, our expanded regional touring program reaches 50,000 students and community residents in 68 Minnesota counties and six Midwestern states. On the Job continues to focus on eliminating cultural disparities in the workplace, reaching thousands of people throughout Minnesota. As with Radical Hospitality, our touring and On the Job programs are all about expanding access.
Please support Mixed Blood's efforts to revolutionize access, whether in the Alan Page Auditorium or on tour or in workplaces. We invite you to support the welcoming and inviting Mixed Blood at any level.
- CONTRIBUTE to Mixed Blood and Radical Hospitality to support attendance of those who might not otherwise.
- DONATE to support the finest theatre artists in Minnesota and the nation.
- GIVE because you believe that Mixed Blood’s march to successful pluralism is an American ideal worth pursuit.
- SHARE at the intersection of your heart and pocketbook so that your gift is one of purpose and joy.